Air Conditioning Repair & Installation
For many people, the extent of what they think about their air conditioner stops at the fact that it provides cool air when the weather is hot.
Of course, when their is an issue, you realize the air conditioner in your home is actually a really important appliance that can have a big impact on both your home budget and environment, causing a strain on the pocket book as well as overall home wellness.
- Budget – When the weather starts to get hot, the power bill starts to go up. This is because running the air conditioner can count as half of your home’s energy usage per month. Saving money for our clients is a big consideration for the team at R. Poust, Inc. In fact, each member of our team is dedicated to providing our clients with the information they need to make informed decisions about making their home more energy-efficient.
- Environment – If you are running a properly maintained air conditioner, it can significantly reduce the level of moisture that collects in your home. Moisture in the home is not good because it can cause a dangerous situation by harboring molds, bacteria, and dust mites. If you have anyone in your home who has allergies or asthma, these elements can be especially harmful.
For over 40 years the highly-trained team of professionals at R. Poust, Inc. has earned and maintained a strong reputation for providing quality air conditioning support to the residents of Rockaway. When you contact R. Poust Inc. for your air conditioning needs, you will always be treated with respect and courtesy. Each member of our team is dedicated to upholding our company motto of, “Business Built on Quality” and will provide you with cutting-edge skill coupled with exceptional service.
How Does My Air Conditioner Work?
The general operations of your air conditioner is not unlike that of the refrigerator in your kitchen. Inside of your air conditioner is a component called a compressor, when the power to the unit is engaged the compressor beings to compress a gas refrigerant causing it to heat up and become pressurized. When the gas is fully pressurized and hot it them cycles through the condenser coils of the A/C unit where it starts to release heat and pressure. As the gas loses pressure and cools, it becomes a liquid. This cold liquid then works to cool the air blown over it by the A/C fan and thus the rooms in your home are cooled.
How Can I Make My Air Conditioner More Efficient?
With tax credits and decreased monthly energy bills for energy-efficient appliances, homeowners can’t afford not to look into ways to reduce their energy usage. Some tips for an energy-efficient air conditioner include:
- Make sure to have R. Poust Inc. professionally service your A/C unit annually
- Make a note to reinstall new air filters quarterly
- Clean your home’s air ducts on a regular basis
- Install heat blocking curtains, which will prevent your home from heating up due to UV rays
- Having ceiling fans running will circulate the cooled air and keep the home cool
Your home’s air conditioner is a complex and important investment. You should always call a professional for maintenance and service. The professional team of expert air conditioning technicians at R. Poust Inc. are highly-skilled in all types of air conditioning models and issues. We have the training and the skills to provide you with thorough and efficient air conditioning support every time! Don’t hesitate to contact us for all of your air conditioning needs.