When it comes to the drains in our homes, it is important to know when they need to be cleaned. Not keeping up with the drains in your house can result in a number of different problems, such as clogs and drain backups. These are situations that you will want to prevent as much as possible. If you’re noticing some problems with your plumbing, chances are that it’s time to call a plumber to avoid having to pay for more serious problems down the road.
Here are some signs that you should look out for if your drains need cleaning:
- Your sink is draining very slowly
- The water in your toilet is not going down after a flush
- Your sewer line backup has been causing problems
- You notice water standing in your sink or tub after you’ve used it
- You’ve started to see some water pooling around your sinks and drains
- You notice an odd smell coming from the drain in your bathroom or kitchen sink
- Your water bill has increased for no apparent reason
- You’ve started noticing water stains on the base of one of your toilets.
By avoiding any of these issues, your drains could:
- Back up and cause sewage to flow into your home
- Result in the growth of mold, which can be hazardous for you and your family’s health
- Cause clogs in your sink, bathtub, or toilet and disrupt your ability to wash dishes, clean off, and use the restroom.
- Damage the sewer line that runs through your yard
- The soil stack will not be able to drain properly
- Result in water damage to your floors and walls
- Increase the risk of a burst pipe if the drain in one part of your home is blocked, leaving you with an expensive problem that could have been prevented
If you find yourself experiencing any of the signs above, it is time to call a plumber from R. Poust, Inc. right away.