If you live in Sparta Township, New Jersey, and think that you have problems with your furnace performing correctly, we can inspect it and let you know if it is time for a replacement or a tune-up. There are a few indicators that you may have to replace your furnace this fall, if you have any of these indicators with your furnace, contact us to have them checked so that you can get a new furnace before temperatures drop even lower.
- The most obvious sign of a furnace failing is that it won’t heat your home correctly or at all. If you can’t get the heat to come on in your home, call us to have it inspected and replacement services if needed.
- If your furnace is older than 20 years, it is probably time to have it replaced. If it does still work, consider saving the money and setting it aside if you want to wait to replace it until it no longer works. Keep in mind that emergency replacements in the winter can be more costly and cause more stress than having a furnace replaced before it stops working altogether.
- When a furnace blows cold air, then this is a sign of a furnace failing. It may work again with repairs, but a qualified technician will need to diagnose the problem and get it working again.
- If you hear pops or other noises coming from your furnace, it should have an inspection right away. These noises may be a minor problem or a sign that something broke or about to break in your furnace.
- If you have a heating bill that only increases, then you may have a furnace that is inefficient and should have a replacement to save on a climbing monthly heating bill.
- If the pilot light on your natural gas furnace is yellow, this is a possible sign that it is leaking carbon monoxide. Turn off your furnace and call a technician right away to determine the problem.
- A lot of dust around your furnace is a sign that it isn’t working right. You may need to have it checked to see why the air is not filtered correctly.