AC Repair & Installation Service Hackettstown
Most people don’t realize how important the air conditioner in their home is, other than to keep them cool and comfortable during hot summer months. In fact, your air conditioner contributes significantly to two important areas of your life:
- Your utility bill – Cooling your home during warm weather months can contribute to up to one-half of your monthly utility bill. With the expense of energy going up, there is no better time to consider energy-efficiency and conservation. Call the team at R. Poust Inc. today to discuss your options of which air conditioning unit would best fit your needs. We are happy to answer questions and provide information to help our clients make a decision they can feel confident in.
- Your health and well-being – Having an energy-efficient and properly maintained air conditioner provides clean, cool air to your home that helps to reduce the moisture in the air. Having less moisture in your home means reducing the environment that things like mold, dust mites, and bacteria like to grow in. These dangerous allergens can significantly impact the well-being of you and your family if not controlled.
For more than 40 years the team of expert air conditioning technicians at R. Poust, Inc. have been providing support to the residents of Hackettstown. Our clients have come to rely on us for professional and trustworthy service coupled with exceptional customer satisfaction.
How Does My Air Conditioner Work?
You’ve probably noticed the big box that is in your side or back yard but, do you know what is going on in there? Basically, your air conditioner works just the same way your refrigerator does. Inside your air conditioner is a refrigerant gas called Freon. A major component of your air conditioner called the compressor works to compress the Freon, causing it to get hot and under pressure. Next, pressurized gas moves through the condenser coils of the air conditioner and dissipates the heat. As the heat dissipates, the Freon cools and turns into a liquid. Once the Freon is liquid it is cold and a fan blows air over the Freon, which cools the air.
How Can I Make My Air Conditioner More Efficient?
It’s hard to ignore the need to be energy efficient these days. With all of the talk about green initiatives and a significant increase in energy costs, homeowners have to stay in tuned with the appliances in their home that contribute to their utility bill. Some helpful ways to keep your air conditioner energy efficient are:
- Call R. Poust, Inc. to schedule your annual professional maintenance appointment
- Replace your air conditioner’s air filters every three months
- Clean the air ducts in your home regularly
- Install ceiling fans to help circulate cooled air
- Put shades and blinds on windows to prevent heat and UV from getting through
Any time you need air conditioning support, don’t hesitate to contact R. Poust, Inc. Our team of experts have been helping the residents of Hackettstown with all of their air conditioning needs for over 45 years. If you have questions about your various options for air conditioning units, need repair of an existing unit, or need a whole new unit installed – our team can help! Don’t hesitate to contact R. Poust, Inc. for all of your air conditioning needs.