Air Conditioning Repair & Installation Service
Many people don’t think about the impact the air conditioner in their home has outside of making the air cool. Actually, your air conditioner is a very important appliance that can impact not only your environment but, your pocketbook.
- Your environment – running an air conditioner that is properly maintained and energy efficient can significantly reduce the amount of moisture that is in the air of your home. It is important to reduce the moisture in your home because that is the environment that things like dust mites, mold, and bacteria like to grow in. Having these danger elements growing in your home can have a very poor impact on the health of you and your family, especially if anyone suffers from asthma or respiratory disease
- Your budget – during the hot summer months it can be very expensive to cool your home. In fact, your air conditioner can contribute to nearly ½ of your overall energy bill. The team at R. Poust, Inc. is happy to help you identify areas where you can improve the energy-efficiency of your air conditioner. Even if your unit is only a few years old, advances in energy-efficiency can have an immediate benefit on your energy bill.
During our 40 years in business our team of professional air conditioner technicians have acquired the skill and the training to expertly address all types of air conditioner needs. Our clients trust that when they contact R. Poust Inc. we will provide them with exceptional service and care, using only top of the line, licensed products and parts.
How Does My Air Conditioner Work?
Do you ever wonder what exactly is going on in that big box that is located in your back or side yard? Basically, the function of your air conditioner is the same as the function of your refrigerator. In your air conditioner there is a refrigerant in the form of a gas that is usually called Freon. When your air conditioner’s compressor compresses the refrigerant it becomes hot and pressurized. When the gas is pressurized it cycles through the condenser coils and releases heat and pressure. Once the heat and pressure are released, the Freon is then a cool liquid. A fan blows air over the refrigerant liquid thus cooling the air.
How Can I Make My Air Conditioner More Efficient?
The need to be thoughtful of energy-efficient, Green practices is almost impossible to ignore. It is evident not only on the news and in our communities, but also on our energy bill. Here are some helpful tips for you to keep your air conditioner efficient:
- Contact R. Poust, Inc. for an appointment to have your unit professionally serviced
- Install new air filters every 3 months
- Keep the air ducts of your home clean and clear of debris
- Ceiling fans can help to cycle cooled air
- Blinds, shades, and properly insulated windows can prevent the sun from heating up your home
Never hesitate to contact the professionals at R. Poust, Inc. for any of your air conditioning needs. We have been providing air conditioner support to the residents of Hamburg for more than 40 years. We are dedicated to making sure that each of our clients feels the benefit of our company motto, “Business Built on Quality”. When you work with R. Poust, Inc. you can trust that you are working with the best!