AC Repair & Installation Contractors
When should I consider replacing my air conditioning or heat pump system?
How long should it last?
According to the ASHRAE Equipment Life Expectancy chart, the typical air conditioning or heat pump life expectancy is 15 years. Since there are a wide variety of efficiencies available, it’s always best to be pro-active and do research prior to a major breakdown so you don’t feel pressured to make a quick decision at an inconvenient time during the cooling season.
Most people don’t have another thought about their air conditioner past the fact that it makes cold air when they are hot. But, your air conditioner deserves a little more regard that just appreciation for making cold air.
In fact, your air conditioner has a significant impact on two things largely unrelated to the temperature of the air: your household budget and the environment inside of your home.
- The budget for your home – when you are calculating your monthly bills for the month it is easy to recognize when it’s hot weather season. In fact, half of your energy bill can be attributed to running your air conditioner to cool the temperature of your home. With the cost of energy steadily on the rise there is no better time to consider making improvements to your air conditioner to make it more energy-efficient and thus cost-effective.
- The environment inside of your home – when moisture increases inside of a home, dangerous allergens like dust mites, mold, and bacteria are enticed to grow and infest. A good way to prevent this cycle is by reducing the moisture in the home. This can difficult if some rooms are not well ventilated. However, running a properly maintained air conditioner can contribute to reducing the overall moisture in your home, reducing the opportunity for dangerous elements to grow.
For OVER 45 years, the exceptionally-skilled team of air conditioning experts at R. Poust, Inc. has provided top-notch service and the highest-quality care to the residents of Sparta. Working with R. Poust, Inc. means working with a friend and a neighbor who cares about your well-being and that of your family. Each one of our technicians is dedicated to spending the time with each customer to fully understand their needs and answer their questions. We have built our business on quality, and in fact, that is our company motto “Business Built on Quality”.
How Does My Air Conditioner Work?
The essential operation of your air conditioning unit is almost identical to that of your refrigerator. There is a refrigerant gas inside of your air conditioner that becomes compressed by the compressor when power to the unit is engaged. During the compressor process, the gas starts to become heated and under pressure. Next, the hot pressurized gas cycles through the condenser coils of the air conditioning unit and begins to release pressure and heat. As the heat and pressure dissipate, the gas refrigerant becomes liquid and eventually is cold. A fan blow air over this cold liquid, which cools the air and thus the home.
How Can I Make My Air Conditioner More Efficient?
With potential tax credits and smaller monthly power bills, it only makes sense for a homeowner to tune into where they can make their home and appliances more energy-efficient. Some tips for your air conditioning unit are:
- Schedule a R. Poust, Inc. technician to service your air conditioning unit once a year
- Have the air ducts in your home cleaned and rid of debris on a regular basis
- The air filters in your air conditioning unit should be replaced on a quarterly basis
Your home’s air conditioning unit is a sensitive and important investment. It is important to always consult a professional with regards to any service or maintenance concerns that you have. The experts at R.Poust, Inc. are highly-trained in all types of air conditioning service needs, and will provide you with the information and answers that you need. When you contact our team you will always be treated with honesty and respect. It is no coincidence that our customers keep coming back, we have earned a strong reputation and live our motto of “Business Built on Quality”. You can trust that working with R. Poust, Inc. means working with the best!