Even though the winter season isn’t quite over, many people like to prepare for the coming warmer summer months by inspecting their home’s air conditioning unit. One of the worst things to deal with on a hot summer day is a faulty or broken AC unit.
What to Look For in Your AC Unit
Here are five signs that your air conditioner needs a little TLC from the professionals:
- Your AC is Blowing Hot Air: If you turn on your AC and it blows out hot air instead of cold, there could be a problem with the compressor, the fan, or even the thermostat.
- You Hear Banging and Clanking: Your air conditioner should run quietly with little to no noise other than the sound of cool air blowing out of the vents. If you hear banging, clanking, or any other loud noises coming from your air conditioner, it’s time to call the pros.
- You’re Seeing Water Where It Doesn’t Belong: Air conditioners are designed to remove moisture from the air. If water starts collecting near your AC unit, something is wrong and needs to be repaired.
- The Temperature in Your Home is Uncomfortable: If your AC is turned up and the temperature in your home is still uncomfortable, your unit may be struggling to keep up with the heat outside. In this situation, your air conditioner may need to be serviced.
- Your AC Air Pressure is Low: An AC unit with low air pressure will need to be fixed promptly. If replacing an old air filter doesn’t resolve the air pressure, a professional will need to address the problem.
When to Call for Service
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, it’s time to call the team at R. Poust Inc. We can service your AC to get it working like new. Our experienced technicians can also help you with any other plumbing or heating needs you may have around the house.