Winter indoor air quality can be much worse than the air quality during the rest of the year. Many times, the air quality is worse in homes in Sparta Township, New Jersey, because owners seal their homes to insulate them from the winter cold. Sealing cracks, windows, and door frames offer more efficient heating, but it can also decrease the indoor air quality.
How Poor Indoor Air Quality Affects Your Health
You may affect your health by feeling dizzy, fatigued, or itchy. You could feel like you need to drink much more water because you have an itchy throat or dry skin. The long-term health problems caused by poor indoor air quality are respiratory disease, asthma, heart disease, and even some cancers. Breathing poor-quality air is hazardous over long periods and even worse in the winter. It is vital to find ways to combat poor indoor air quality in your home so that you have an environment that is healthy for your household.
Improving the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
A professional HVAC technician can determine the source of your poor air quality and suggest an air purifier, humidifier, dehumidifier, or a ventilation system that will cycle the air in your home correctly. Once your air quality is optimal, then you can benefit from breathing clean air all year.
The Benefits of Good Indoor Air Quality
- If the air quality in your house is right, then you have an easier time breathing. Better air to breathe is healthier for your heart and lungs.
- You sleep better when the air quality is excellent. Without contaminants in the air, you should have an easier time sleeping and breathing while you sleep.
- You won’t have as many allergens in your home with good air quality. Fewer allergens mean you won’t be as itchy, congested, and you won’t feel as dry.
- Odors don’t linger as much if you have good indoor air quality.
- The humidity in your home is comfortable if the air quality in your home is balanced.
- Your energy bills may be lower because everything works well together. If there is one part of your HVAC system that is overworked, then your system isn’t efficient.